Reserve Police Officer Program
The Tyrone Police Department is currently approved for two (2) reserve police officer positions. These are unpaid sworn positions designed for individuals who wish to serve the community in their spare time.
Selection requirements for reserve officers are the same as those for our full time officers:
Minimum Requirements for Consideration:
• Must be at least 21 years of age;
• High school diploma or GED;
• Valid Georgia driver’s license and clean MVR;
• Honorable discharge if prior military; and
• Clean criminal history.
The hiring process includes:
• Comprehensive background investigation
• Oral interview board
• Physical agility assessment
• Medical exam and drug screen
• Psychological evaluation
Reserve officers have twelve (12) months to complete the FTO program and must agree to serve a minimum of twelve (12) hours per month on duty thereafter to remain active in the program.
Reserve officers are issued uniforms, a firearm, body armor, and all required duty gear.
ONE of our reserve officer positions is currently open. Interested in serving? Contact us using the form below:
NOTE: Reserve applicants MUST be Georgia POST Certified to be considered.