We are currently hiring police officers.
Download a job description and application packet below or pick them up in person at the Police Department - 945 Senoia Road.
Application packets and waivers MUST be submitted in person or via regular mail.
If you would like to learn more about becoming a police officer in Georgia or find out what our hiring process consists of, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section.
The Town of Tyrone is accepting applications for certified police officers.
Minimum Requirements for Consideration:
• MUST be Georgia POST mandated.
• Must be at least 21 years of age;
• High school diploma or GED;
• Valid Georgia driver’s license and clean MVR;
• Honorable discharge if prior military; and
• Clean criminal history.
The hiring process includes:
• Comprehensive background investigation
• Oral interview board
• Physical agility assessment
• Medical exam and drug screen
• Psychological evaluation
This is an entry level position that includes shift work (12 hour shifts), night and weekend shifts, and work on holidays, etc.
Our Benefits Include:
• Salary: Minimum - $37,437.40 (Maximum depends on qualifications)
• Health, dental & vision insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid retirement plan
• 457 Deferred Comp Plan (Optional)
• Sick Leave
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• 12 Hour Shifts
• Advanced Training Opportunities
• Take home vehicles
• Uniform Allowance
Applications MUST be submitted to: 945 Senoia Road, Tyrone, GA 30290.
The Town of Tyrone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.